- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pear Crisp Recipe
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apricot jam||5 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (For Garnish)|
|Walnut halves||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (For Garnish)|
Calories 595 Calories from Fat 290
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.6%
Saturated Fat 17.7 g88.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.9 mg
Sodium 80.9 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.7%
Sugars 28.9 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 10.8%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2) In a paper bag put the macaroons and walnuts and crush with a rolling pin.
3) Pare, quarter and core the pears, cut into 1/2 inch thick strips.
4) In a pan melt the jam over a low heat and gently stir in the wine.
5) In a gratin dish place the pear slices, pour the wine mixture over the pears and spoon over the macaroon and walnut mixture.
6) Cut and scatter the butter pieces over the crumb topping.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until light brown in colour.
8) Pour over the kirsch on top and keep aside to cool.
9) Whip and pipe the cream over the cold pears.
10) Garnish with the walnut halves and serve in a nice plate.