- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pear Bread Recipe
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , slightly beaten|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated peeled pears||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 1392 Calories from Fat 579
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g102.3%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158.6 mg
Sodium 906.7 mg37.8%
Total Carbohydrates 188 g62.6%
Dietary Fiber 9 g35.9%
Sugars 107.4 g
Protein 17 g34.8%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 4.6%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 34.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven at 325°.
2) In a large bowl, add first 6 ingredients to combine. Make a well at the center of mixture.
3) In another bowl, combine oil, eggs, sugar, pears and vanilla. Pour this into the well and combine all thoroughly to moisten.
4) Use 2 greased 8 1/2- x 4 1/2- x 3-inch loaf pans to pour the mixture.
5) Place the loaf pans inside the oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the breads are completely done.
6) Allow the breads to cool down for 10 minutes.
7) Remove from the pans.
8) Slice the bread and serve with butter.