- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pear and Sugar Pea SautÃ© Recipe
|Shallots||4 , thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Pound, trimmed|
|Pears||4 , peeled, cored and chopped into 1 inch wedges|
|Dry white wine||3⁄8 Cup (6 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh orange juice||6 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2105 Calories from Fat 398
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.5%
Saturated Fat 18.2 g91.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg
Sodium 424.4 mg17.7%
Total Carbohydrates 426 g142.1%
Dietary Fiber 18.8 g75.3%
Sugars 370.3 g
Protein 5 g10.6%
Vitamin A 42.3% Vitamin C 77.8%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heavy bottomed skillet, heat oil.
2. Add shallots and sautÃ© on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
3. Add pears, peas and wine. Mix well and cook for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Add orange juice, butter, pepper and salt (as required) and cook for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
5. Transfer on to individual plates and serve immediately.