- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pear and Strawberry Compote Recipe
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , quartered|
|Pears||8 , peeled, halved and cored (Not So Ripe)|
|Strawberries||2 Pint, rinsed, hulled and drained|
Calories 561 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.77 g1.2%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.22%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6.5 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 146 g48.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.8%
Sugars 127.4 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 183.8%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, stir the sugar in water and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
2) Stir in the cinnamon, cloves, and lemon pieces, then simmer covered for 30 minutes.
3) Stir in the pears and gently simmer in the poaching syrup until tender.
4) Allow the pears to cool in the syrup.
5) In a bowl, thoroughly combine the strawberries, cooled pears and 2 cups poaching syrup.
6) Cover the compote and refrigerate until chilled.
7) Spoon into serving dishes with some poaching syrup and serve.