- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pear and Maple Syrup Bread Pudding Recipe Video
|Pear||4 Large (firm, ripe )|
|Walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped (75 ml for topping)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon (5 ml)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (425 ml)|
|Egg yolk||2 Medium|
|White bread cubes||3 Cup (48 tbs) (stale, 750 ml)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (75 ml)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (25 ml + 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter, softened for topping)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon ( 25 ml)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon (for topping)|
Calories 350 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.3%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 138.2 mg
Sodium 165.4 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.6%
Sugars 32.9 g
Protein 8 g15.6%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 14.7%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
2) Peel, core and slice pears; toss with lemon juice to prevent browning.
3) In skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; cook pears and 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the maple syrup, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 10 minutes or until pears are tender and liquid has evaporated.
4) Stir in bread cubes. Spread pear mixture in 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish and set aside.
5) In bowl, whisk together eggs, yolks, milk, remaining maple syrup and vanilla; pour over pear mixture.
6) Topping: In small bowl, combine walnuts, brown sugar and butter; sprinkle over pudding.
7) Place baking dish in large shallow pan and pour in enough hot water to come halfway up sides of dish.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until just set in centre.
9) Serve warm or cool.