- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanutty Valentine Treat Recipe
|Peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Quart, softened|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1814 Calories from Fat 736
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129.3%
Saturated Fat 38.3 g191.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 208.1 mg69.4%
Sodium 879.4 mg36.6%
Total Carbohydrates 240 g79.9%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28.1%
Sugars 217.2 g
Protein 35 g71%
Vitamin A 39.8% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 64.5% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add peanut butter, ice cream and mix well.
2. Pour the mixture make into the ice cream carton and freeze until firm.
3. In a bowl, add egg whites, vinegar, vanilla, salt and beat until stiff peaks form, gradually add sugar and continue to beat until peaks form.
4. On a greased baking mat, pipe meringue into small heart shapes.
5. In a preheated oven, bake at 200 degrees centigrade for about 50 minutes until firm and crispy. Allow to cool.
6. In dessert bowls, scoop peanutty ice cream, place a meringue heart on it.
7. Garnish with a dash of honey, serve chilled.