- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanuts and Slivers Recipe
|Peanuts||2 Pound, shelled and skinned (About 6 Cups, Available In Health Food And Nut Stores)|
|Garlic head||6 , peeled and sliced to make 1/2 cup (fresh ones)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6039 Calories from Fat 4142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 492 g757.5%
Saturated Fat 68 g340.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 608.7 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 259 g86.3%
Dietary Fiber 84.3 g337%
Sugars 39.4 g
Protein 256 g511.3%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 176.9%
Calcium 145.1% Iron 263%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a wok, put the peanuts which have been preheated with oil at a moderate-high.
2) Into the wok, add enough oil to cover the peanuts.
3) Mix peanuts all the while, being careful not to burn them.
4) Reduce to a simmer,as the peanuts begin to brown a little, mix all the while and cook until light golden brown.
5) With the help of a wire basket,drain the peanuts well in and allow to cool.
6) In a skillet, add the garlic which is preheated with 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil until it reaches moderate-high.
7) Mix garlic, all the while to attain a consistent color and to prevent excess browning or sticking of garlic.
8) As garlic browns a little, reduce the heat to a simmer low and mix all the while and cook until garlic is crisp and light golden brown.
9) Drain garlic in the similar manner as peanuts, breaking up any clusters and allow to cool.
10) Mix together peanuts and garlic and add salt to taste.
11) Store in airtight containers till served.