- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanut Pie Recipe
|Dark corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , unbeaten|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Toasted peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|8 inch pastry shell||1 , unbaked|
Calories 602 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.8%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 116.5 mg
Sodium 204.5 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 15.6 g
Protein 13 g26.5%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.8% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven moderate to 350°.
2. In a mixing bowl add syrup, eggs, flour, butter and salt. Combine together.
3. With a rotary beater beat 60 turns.
4. On an unbaked pastry shell spread toasted peanuts in bottom.
5. Pour liquid mixture on top.
6. Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
7. To Toast Peanuts: In a moderate oven place shelled nuts in shallow pan and bake for about 10 minutes until nuts are slightly brown.
8. Serving warm.