- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanut Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||12 Ounce, shredded|
|Chopped salted peanuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 938 Calories from Fat 495
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.4%
Saturated Fat 27.9 g139.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 137.2 mg
Sodium 825.7 mg34.4%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.9%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 39 g78.6%
Vitamin A 28.5% Vitamin C 0.22%
Calcium 83.7% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Cook the macaroni in the boiling salted water until soft and drain well.
3) In a pan, melt the butter, then stir in the flour and pepper.
4) Gradually stir in the milk and cook until thickened, stirring continuously.
5) Stir in the cheese, reserve 1 cup for the topping.
6) Blend in 1/2 cup peanuts and salt to taste, then pour and gently mix the sauce with the macaroni.
7) Top with rest of the cheese and peanuts.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
9) Serve in a nice plate.