- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanut Butter Toffee Turtle Cookies Recipe
|Creamy peanut butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose baking mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Toffee bits||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped peanuts||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Milk chocolate morsels||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vanilla caramels||10 Ounce|
|Whipping cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk chocolate morsels||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), melted|
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.1%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.8 mg
Sodium 273.8 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.3%
Sugars 22.9 g
Protein 7 g14.1%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 19.5% Iron 0.41%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Collect and measure the required ingredients.
2. Line 2-3 baking sheets with wax or baking paper.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F before baking
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the butters and beat with an electric mixer until soft.
5. Gradually add the sugars, beating until the mixture is light and grainy.
6. Blend in egg, beating well until incorporated into the creamed mixture.
7. Add the baking mix and beat at a low speed until well blended to form a stiff dough.
8. Gently mix in toffee bit, peanuts and 2/3rd cup chocolate morsels.
9. Use a round tablespoon to drop the dough in heaps, onto the cookie sheets, leaving 2 inch space between each.
10. Bake them in the preheated oven for 8 to 12 minutes until golden and dry.
11. Remove from oven and cool cookies slightly on baking sheets then carefully loosen with a spatula and slide them to on a wire rack to cool and harden.
12. In a microwave proof bowl, combine the caramels and 1 tablespoon cream.
13. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring after every 30 seconds and adding a more cream if necessary.
14. Stir the vanilla into the melted caramel mixture.
15. Use a butter knife to spread the caramel on top side of the cookies.
16. Use a fork to drizzle the melted chocolate over the caramel frosting.
17. Let the chocolate set.
18. Serve them at a tea party or pack them and include in your Christmas or Holiday gift hampers.
Store baked cookies air tight container or jar with sheets of wax paper between each layer, in a cool dry place.