- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanut Butter Swirl Bars Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dough||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Carob powder||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 702 Calories from Fat 418
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.3%
Saturated Fat 16.2 g81.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 43.1 mg
Sodium 500.9 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.3%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 19 g38%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 0.18%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add butter and honey to cream.
2) Stir in peanut butter, vanilla and yogurt to the bowl.
3) Separately, combine flour, baking powder, and salt to sift together.
4) Add the dry mixture to the bowl and blend well.
5) In another bowl, prepare the carob mixture with a thick consistency. Set it aside.
6) In a cake pan, spoon this batter. Drizzle the carob mixture over the batter in a swirling motion.
7) Set your oven at 350° and place the pan inside oven.
8) Bake this for 30-35 minutes, until it is well done.
9) Slice this into bars before serving.