- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanut Butter Muffins Recipe
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Wheat germ||2 Tablespoon|
|Soft shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Apricot preserves||4 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Calories 548 Calories from Fat 214
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.6%
Trans Fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 57.1 mg
Sodium 723.7 mg30.2%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 14 g27.7%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 7.9%
Calcium 30.5% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2) In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together.
3) Mix the wheat germ and gently cut in the shortening and peanut butter.
4) Mix the egg and milk and pour into the flour mixture and stir gently.
5) Spoon the mixture 2/3 into each of the greased large muffin pans.
6) In the center of each pan, add about 1/2 teaspoon preserves.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until done.
8) Serve in a nice plate.