- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanut Butter Mousse with Banana-Raspberry Delight Recipe Video
|Heavy cream||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce, softened|
|Creamy peanut butter||6 Ounce|
|Half and half||3 Tablespoon|
|Banana extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Turbinado sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Raspberry preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted in microwave until pourable|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2756 Calories from Fat 1604
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 184 g282.5%
Saturated Fat 75.4 g377.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 360.6 mg
Sodium 1058.4 mg44.1%
Total Carbohydrates 262 g87.3%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55.4%
Sugars 206.8 g
Protein 50 g100.1%
Vitamin A 80.4% Vitamin C 19.7%
Calcium 26.8% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) To prepare the mousse, beat heavy cream with a mixer at medium-high speed until medium peaks form.
2) Combine cream cheese, peanut butter, half-and-half and banana extract in a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth.
3) Mix half the whipped cream into peanut butter mixture. Then gently fold in the remaining whipped cream, being careful not to deflate the mixture.
4) Spoon or pipe into serving dishes or glasses and refrigerate.
5) To prepare the bananas, slice banana into diagonal ½-inch thick slices and arrange on a baking sheet. Sprinkle turbinado sugar on top of each slice and heat with a brulée torch or under a hot broiler until the sugar is melted and golden brown.
6) Remove the mousse from the refrigerator and top each portion with a drizzle of raspberry preserve, and one or two slices of brulée banana.
7) Serve immediately.