- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanut Butter Loaf Recipe
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dates||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
Calories 712 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.6%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g45.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.4 mg
Sodium 536 mg22.3%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.1%
Sugars 65.9 g
Protein 16 g31.7%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF (180°C).
2. Apply butter or margarine on a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
3. Using a hand blender, cream butter, peanut butter and sugar in mixing bowl.
4. Whisk in eggs one at a time beating until smooth. Add milk and vanilla and continue whisking until smooth batter is formed.
5. In a different bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and dates. Mix well.
Add to first bowl, stirring until just mixed.
6. Transfer all the dry mix at once into butter mixture. Mix all together until just moistened.
7. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes.
8. Check the doneness with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes. Take away from pan to finish cooling on rack.
9. Make slices and serve with creamed orange spread. Or wrap and store.