- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Bake Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies Recipe Video
|Unbleached flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||1 (room temperature)|
|Whole milk||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Jelly||4 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 415 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.8%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.5 mg15.2%
Sodium 236.2 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 30 g
Protein 8 g16.4%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and both the sugars, using the stand mixer with paddle attachment.
4. Add in egg, milk and vanilla in the butter mixture and beat until well mixed.
5. Add in the peanut butter and mix.
6. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in about 3 separate additions and beat well after each addition.
7. On a lightly greased cookie sheet, scoop dough with an ice cream scoop, flatten with slightly damp hands and press an indentation with your thumb into the centers.
8. Fill the indentation with jelly.
9. Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes or until the cookies are light brown of edges.
10. Remove the cookies out of the oven and let them cool.
11. Serve as desired.
For peanut allergies, this is great with Almond Butter, too.