- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 306 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.2 mg1.1%
Sodium 84.7 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g3.7%
Sugars 52.2 g
Protein 4 g8.3%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.1% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Well grease a square 8-inch tin with butter or oil.
2. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, sugar, milk, peanut butter, and corn syrup.
3. Place pan on a medium flame.
4. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
5. Bring liquid to a boil.
6. Insert and clip a candy thermometer.
7. Boil the sugar to 250°F or hard boil stage, stirring frequently.
8. Take pan off the flame.
9. Stir in the butter
10. Place pan in a cold water bath.
11. Whisk the toffee until thick.
12. Immediately pour into greased baking dish.
13. Allow to cool and set, scoring into squares while still warm
14. When hard, cut into squares.
15. Place fudge squares in foil lined paper pastry cases or on a platter lined with grease proof paper.