- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crunchy peanut butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Roasted peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4135 Calories from Fat 1735
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 205 g315.9%
Saturated Fat 50 g250.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.3 mg
Sodium 2339.8 mg97.5%
Total Carbohydrates 546 g181.9%
Dietary Fiber 27.3 g109.2%
Sugars 448.4 g
Protein 79 g157.4%
Vitamin A 23.6% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 31.8% Iron 43.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a small Dutch oven and mix corn syrup, sugar and half-and-half in it.
2) Cook over low heat while stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves completely.
3) Keep on cooking without stirring the mixture until it reaches the soft ball stage of 234°.
4) Remove the mixture from flame and add the butter without stirring it in.
5) Allow the mixture to become lukewarm.
6) Add all the other ingredients beating with a wooden spoon thoroughly.
7) Continue for 2-3 minutes until the fudge thickens and loses its gloss.
8) Take a 8 inch sized square pan and butter it.
9) Pour the fudge into it.
10) Mark the still hot fudge into 1 inch sized squares.
11) Allow it to cool before cutting and serving.