- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanut Butter Chiffon Pie Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Smooth peanut butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), baked|
|9 inch pie shell||1 , baked|
|Peanut butter topping/Sweetened whipped cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (At Right)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate squares||1 Ounce (1 Square)|
Calories 920 Calories from Fat 528
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.9%
Saturated Fat 20.8 g104.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141.3 mg47.1%
Sodium 747.3 mg31.1%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 37.8 g
Protein 24 g48.2%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C 0.86%
Calcium 18.2% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a double boiler, combine the gelatin, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and the salt, mix well.
2) Beat the milk and egg yolks together with a rotary beater until blended.
3) Stir and cook over simmering water until the mixture is slightly thickened.
4) Turn off the heat, remove in a bowl, then beat in the peanut butter and allow to thoroughly cool down.
5) Beat the egg whites until light and foamy.
6) Stiffly beat in rest of the sugar, then stir the sour cream into the peanut butter mixture.
7) Gently fold in the egg whites, then lightly pile into a baked pie shell and refrigerate until firm.
8) Nicely decorate with the Peanut-Butter Topping or sweetened whipped cream and chocolate curls from the semisweet chocolate.
9) Slice and serve in a nice plate.