- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/1 stick or margarine-1/2 cup, softened||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chunk style peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 85 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.6%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.3 mg
Sodium 60.8 mg2.5%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 0.52 g2.1%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 2 g3.7%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 1% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease the bottom of a 15 1/2X101/2X1 inch jelly-roll pan lightly.
3. Using a sieve, sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt; keep aside.
4. In a large bowl, beat butter with peanut butter using a portable electric mixer at medium speed.
5. Gradually add sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
6. Add egg and beat well.
7. Gradually add the flour mixture and beat at low speed until well combined.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
9. Sprinkle chopped peanuts over the top.
10. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
11. Shift the pan to a rack and cool for 5 minutes.
12. Using a sharp knife, lengthwise cut the cake into five parts.
13. Then, cut crosswise into eight pieces to make 40 bars.
14. Serve peanut butter bar as is or make Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches.