- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Granola Bars with Peanut Butter and Banana Recipe Video
|Pitted dates||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried banana||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole grain||6 Tablespoon|
|Wheat bran||3 Tablespoon|
|Maple syrup||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1373 Calories from Fat 431
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g79.1%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 84.6 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 233 g77.8%
Dietary Fiber 43.2 g172.9%
Sugars 97.3 g
Protein 36 g71.6%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 37.6%
Calcium 17.4% Iron 68.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a food processor / magic bullet, lightly grind up the dates, dried banana, raisins, oats and the walnuts/almonds. Don’t over-process as you want to keep some of the crunchiness from the nuts and chewiness from the oats.
3. Add into a bowl. Then add in peanut butter, wheat bran, and the maple syrup.
4. Mix together well. If you find that there isn’t enough sticky-substances in the mixture to fully combine everything together, blend up a few more pitted dates and add it into the mixture. (Using your hands to mix everything works better than using a spoon.)
5. When you are able to form a solid ball with the mixture, then you have the right consistency. Place ball onto a cutting board, and flatten it with your hand. Then use a rolling pin to flatten it out, as thick or thin as you want your bars to be.
6. Cut off the uneven edges of the mixture and put them aside to use after. Cut your granola bars and place then on a parchment paper on top of a baking sheet.
Preheat oven to 325F
7. Use up the rest of the mixture and cut into bars.
8. Lastly, place them in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes. Once you remove them from the oven, leave them to cool for a few minutes. They will harden as they cool down.
Storing: I have been storing them in a tupperware. You can keep them in the fridge if you want to. You can also wrap each bar in plastic wrap.
This video is a creation of Calm Mind Busy Body. You can visit Calm Mind Busy Body for complete recipes, and more videos.