- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanut Butter and Jam Recipe
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 541 Calories from Fat 292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.3%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.8 mg
Sodium 169.2 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 22.2 g
Protein 11 g22.6%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.2% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven moderately hot to 350° F (180°C).
2) Electric Mixer Method fine butter.
3) Add sugar and beat on high speed till fluffy.
4) Mix eggs and beat till done.
5) Gently mix flour and blend well.
6) Food Processor Method With metal blade in place fine butter.
7) Add sugar and process till fluffy.
8) Keep the processor running and add eggs.
9) Pour in the workbowl one third of the mixture at a time. Blend finely each time.
10) Make 48 balls of same size from the dough.
11) Cut cookies into circles 2-1/2" in diameter and about 1/4" thick with bottom of a glass at least 2-1/2" in diameter.
12) With fork lines or a potato masher decorate the tops.
13) Place in non-greased baking sheets.
14) Bake for 12-14 minutes till golden.
15) Keep on racks to cool.
16) Before serving, spread one half of the cookies with peanut butter and the other half with fruit jam. Join them into sandwiches and serve.