- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanut Burger Mix Recipe
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Peanuts||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Wholemeal breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Thyme||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable margarine||1 Ounce (30 Gram)|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2173 Calories from Fat 1503
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 176 g270.3%
Saturated Fat 26.8 g133.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg
Sodium 660.9 mg27.5%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g32.8%
Dietary Fiber 30 g120%
Sugars 29.1 g
Protein 80 g160.7%
Vitamin A 61.8% Vitamin C 100.5%
Calcium 40.5% Iron 85.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bit of vegetable oil, fry the chopped onions but do not let them turn brown.
2) Through a mincer, put the nuts or alternatively, liquidize them. The aim is to chop the nuts into small pieces without reducing them to a paste.
3) In a mixing bowl, add the breadcrumbs and nuts and mix well. Stir in the chopped herbs, salt and pepper and then add the cooked onion. Rub in the margarine.
4) Add 2 eggs to bind the mixture and give it a workable consistency. Add the tomato puree. If required, add some water.
5) Form the mixture into burgers and grill them till they have browned properly on both sides.
6) Serve hot.