- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanut Brittle Gateau Recipe
|Peanut brittle||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Double cream||5 Fluid Ounce (1 Carton Or 142 Milliliter)|
|Rum||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter)|
|Water||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter)|
Calories 176 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.9%
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 16.9 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 0.7 g1.4%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium Iron 0.13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place the peanuts brittle pieces in a zip lock bag and use a meat hammer to crush them coarsely. Allow the pieces to be crunchy in texture.
2. Combine rum and water.
3. Use an electric beater to whisk the cream until it is thick and forms soft peaks.
4. Slice the cake sponge into 2 layers. To do this place the sponge on a cake stand or flat surface and use a bread knife to cut the sponge.
5. Place the bottom layer of the sponge on a dessert plate and sprinkle half of the rum mixture to moisten the sponge.
6. Spread half the whipped cream over the sponge using a pallet knife.
7. Top with the other half of sponge and sprinkle the remaining rum mixture.
8. Cover the top and the sides of the cake with cream.
9. Generously sprinkle the crushed peanut brittle on top and on the sides of the cake.
10. Place the cake in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
11. Place cake on a pastry stand.
12. Slice at the table.