- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanut Brittle Cookies Recipe
|Piecrust mix||200 Gram|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Peanuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
Calories 321 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.1%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg
Sodium 163.1 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 27.1 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.1% Iron 24%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a 12cm X 12 cm baking sheet with oil of butter. Lightly dust it with flour.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F
3. In a bowl, mix piecrust mix according to package directions.
4. Rub in the brown sugar until the mixture resembles cake crumbs.
5. Add 1/4 cup of the peanuts, egg, and vanilla and mix well using a spatula or palette knife.
6. Evenly spread and press mixture on baking sheet.
7. Sprinkle and press the remaining peanuts into the dough.
8. Place the baking sheet on the middle level of the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
9. Remove from the oven and loosen edges with a butter knife.
10. Allow to cool and harden on the sheet for 15 minutes.
11. Cut into even sized squares when still warm.
12. Arrange on a doily lined platter or plate.
13. Serve with tea.
14. Store in an air tight container.