- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanut Brittle Recipe
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raw spanish peanuts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4218 Calories from Fat 1245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 149 g228.5%
Saturated Fat 22.5 g112.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg3.6%
Sodium 4261 mg177.5%
Total Carbohydrates 710 g236.5%
Dietary Fiber 24.8 g99.3%
Sugars 503.2 g
Protein 75 g150.7%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 32.4% Iron 74.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, mix sugar, syrup, water and salt together.
2. Add peanuts to the mixture as soon as it comes to a full boil.
3. Heat the mixture until nuts snap and syrup begins to turn color.
4. Further, add butter and vanilla.
5. Cook over low heat until the mixture becomes amber colored, stirring occasionally.
6. Upon removing the pan from heat, add baking soda and stir well.
7. Pour this mixture redaily onto buttered baking sheet.
8. Cool and pull out until very thin.
9. Cut into pieces before serving.