- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanut Brittle Recipe
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cocktail peanuts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk chocolate pieces||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Caramel ice cream topping||12 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 1528 Calories from Fat 752
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g134.2%
Saturated Fat 35 g175.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81.5 mg
Sodium 624.4 mg26%
Total Carbohydrates 183 g60.8%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.4%
Sugars 49.2 g
Protein 21 g42.7%
Vitamin A 20.4% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 34%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease foil, place it in the baking pan and set it aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, combine 2 cups flour and brown sugar.
2. Add butter and blend using a pastry blender, until mixture is crumbly.
5. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
6. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Garnish with peanuts and chocolate pieces over the top of baked layer.
8. In a small bowl, stir together caramel topping and 3 tablespoons flour.
9. Drizzle over top of peanut-chocolate layer.
10. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until caramel is bubbly.
11. Cool in pan on wire rack.
12. Lift the foil and peel away from edges carefully.
13. Cut into bars, cool and serve at once.