- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filipino Peanut Brittle Recipe Video
|Peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated white sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 230 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.9%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.5 mg
Sodium 198.8 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 25.1 g
Protein 4 g7.6%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.7% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat a saucepan then put-in corn syrup, sugar, water, and salt. Stir and bring to a boil.
3. Add the peanuts then stir.
4. Using a candy thermometer, measure the temperature until it reaches 290 degrees Fahrenheit. It is a must that you use low heat to avoid the sugar and peanuts from being burnt.
5. Turn-off heat then put-in the butter and baking soda. Stir thoroughly
6. Pour the mixture on the greased baking tray then arrange. Allow the mixture to completely cool.
7. Remove the mixture from the tray and snap into desired sizes.
8. Place in a container and serve.
9. Share and enjoy!
This video is a creation of panlasangpinoy. You can visit panlasangpinoy for complete recipes, and more videos.