- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanut and Coriander Salad Recipe
|Raw peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firm tofu||16 Ounce (1 Cake)|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Light soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Green onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), cut into thirds|
|Whole fresh chilies/1/2 teaspoon chili flakes||6|
Calories 347 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.9%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 461.5 mg19.2%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 16 g32.9%
Vitamin A 57.3% Vitamin C 90.9%
Calcium 26.6% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash the green onion bunch and pat dry with paper towel. Cut it into three sections.
2) Cut the tofu into 1/8 parts and set aside.
3) Coarsely chop cilantro leaves and keep aside.
4) In a fry pan, add 1 tablespoon oil to heat up.
5) Add peanuts and chilies to fry. Remove browned nuts.
6) Add tofu cubes and brown both the sides.
7) Mix onions, soy sauce, pepper, sugar and sesame oil into the pan and stir all together to coat properly.
8) When it is almost done, sprinkle the chopped cilantro on top.
9) In a serving plate, arrange fresh lettuce leaves and place the salad on top. Sprinkle browned peanuts and garnish with additional chopped cilantro.