- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peanut and Chicken Toasts Recipe
|Crunchy peanut butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped cooked chicken||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|French bread loaf||1 Small|
|Tomatoes||2 , sliced|
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.7%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.5 mg
Sodium 348.8 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 25 g50.4%
Vitamin A 20.4% Vitamin C 21.5%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Start the broiler and set at medium.
2) Slice the bread into 1-inch pieces, discard the ends and keep aside.
3) In a bowl, add the butter, peanut butter, parsley, onion, milk and chicken. Sprinkle the salt and pepper and blend well.
4) Toast the sliced bread on 1 side under the broiler.
5) Remove from the broiler and layer the untoasted sides with the chicken mixture and top with a slice of tomato.
6) Put back to broil for 3-4 minutes until golden brown in colour.
7) Serve immediately in a nice plate.