- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peachy Duck Recipe
|Canned peach halves in natural juice||14 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Orange||2 , juiced|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
Calories 284 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.5 mg
Sodium 401.7 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 18 g36.7%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 92.1%
Calcium 9% Iron 23%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas 6.
2) Remove the peaches from can. Keep aside.
3) In a shallow dish, mix the juice with red wine, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, orange rind and juice.
4) Thread a skewer through the duck breasts.
5) Using a sharp knife, make a pocket in each breast, being careful not to cut right through.
6) Stuff half a peach into the pocket and secure the meat together with a cocktail stick.
7) Keep the duck breasts in the marinade and refrigerate for 2 hours. Turning the breasts once after 1 hour.
8) Take away from marinade and dry with a paper towel.
9) Add salt and pepper and keep them in a greased baking tin, skin side upwards.
10) Roast in oven for 35 minutes.
11) Using a knife, finely slice any remaining peaches and add to the marinade.
12) Using a spoon, skim fat from duck juices. Then pour it into the marinade.
13) Transfer all the liquid into a saucepan, bring to the boil, reduce by half.
14) Take away from the heat and stir in soured cream.
15) Gently heat, do not boil.
16) Serve hot with sauce with the duck breasts.