- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peachy Apricot Jam Recipe
|Dried apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Frozen sliced peaches||32 Ounce, partially defrosted, separated (2 packets)|
|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||6 Ounce (1 bottle)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3832 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.66 g1%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 37.8 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 981 g327.1%
Dietary Fiber 19.8 g79.2%
Sugars 947.5 g
Protein 11 g22.2%
Vitamin A 145.2% Vitamin C 1600.5%
Calcium 10% Iron 32.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pot of boiling water, cook the apricots till they puff up.
2) Keep aside and 1/3 cup of the cooking liquid and discard the rest.
3) Into the blender, add in the apricots, 1/3 cup liquid and 1/2 the amount of peaches. Use the Chop blade and pulse to coarsely chop the apricots.
4) Transfer the mixture into a 4 1/2 to 5 quart saucepan or Dutch oven. Add in the sugar and lemon juice. Stir well.
5) Let the mixture come to a boil. Continue to boil for a minute while stirring continously.
6) Take the saucepan off the heat.
7) Mix in the liquid fruit pectin.
8) Skim the surface of the jam to remove any foam.
9) Let the jam cool down for a few minutes before gently stirring it.
10) Transfer and store the jam in sterililized jars. Cover them with paraffin.
11) The Strawberry and Raspberry Jam is best served with toast, crackers and pancakes.