- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peaches In Red Wine Recipe
|Small peaches||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red burgundy wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (To Serve)|
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.9%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.6 mg
Sodium 211.3 mg8.8%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 43 g
Protein 2 g3.4%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 20.8%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Blanch the whole peaches in boiling water for 1 minute then peel off the skin.
2. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, add the peeled peaches and cover with water.
3. Add sugar and cinnamon.
4. Place pan on a medium low flame and cover with a lit.
5. Stew the peaches for about 15 minutes, stirring gently occasionally.
6. Tip in the wine and continue to simmer, uncovered for another 15 minutes until peaches are soft.
Remove the peaches to a deep serving dish using a slotted spoon.
7. Continue to simmer the liquid until thickened to syrup consistency.
8. Pour syrup over the peaches.
9. Place the dish in the refrigerator to chill peaches thoroughly before serving.
10. Spoon peaches into dessert bowls, pouring the syrup on top.
11. Serve topped with whipped cream if you like.