- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peaches And Cream Rice Pudding Recipe
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Rice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Preferably Short-Grain)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||7 1⁄2 Cup (120 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Peaches||4 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Raspberry vinegar/Distilled white vinegar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8082 Calories from Fat 1208
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 136 g209.9%
Saturated Fat 76 g379.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1401.2 mg
Sodium 1564.2 mg65.2%
Total Carbohydrates 1706 g568.8%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.5%
Sugars 1588.5 g
Protein 65 g129.9%
Vitamin A 148% Vitamin C 76.9%
Calcium 114.1% Iron 37.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Preheat the oven to 325°. Butter eight 1-cup custard cups. In a small saucepan, scald the remaining 1 cup milk and the heavy cream. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the whole eggs, egg yolks and 1/2 cup of the sugar together until thick and fluffy,
3 to 5 minutes.
4. Whisking constantly, add the scalded milk-cream mixture in a slow, steady stream to the egg mixture. Add the vanilla, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon and ginger, and mix for another minute. Fold in the rice and one-fourth of the peaches.
5. Divide the custard evenly among the eight cups, filling each to within 1/2 inch of the top. Set the cups in a baking pan and add 1 inch of hot water. Bake in the center of the oven for about 1 hour, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the cups from the water and set aside for an hour to cool. To unmold, run a knife tip around the inside of each cup, invert it over a dessert plate and shake it sharply.
6. Meanwhile, in a food processor, puree the remaining peaches with the lemon juice, vinegar, kirsch and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, adding more kirsch and sugar if desired. Spoon around each custard and serve.