- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peach Shortcake Recipe
|Buttermilk biscuit mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Regular margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Peaches/2 pig 10-oz size thawed frozen sliced peaches, undrained. do not add sugar||1 1⁄2 Pound (3 Cups Sliced)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioner' s sugar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.7%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.6%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 30.8 mg
Sodium 322 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 30.4 g
Protein 3 g6.5%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 7.7%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Wash peaches; peel; slice into a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup granulated sugar and set aside till required.
3. In large bowl, combine biscuit mix, butter, and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
4. Rub the butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk, mixing just until flour mixture is moistened. Turn dough onto lightly floured pastry cloth or board. Knead gently 10 times. Roll out to 3/4-inch thickness.
5. Use a floured 3-inch cutter to cut out 6 biscuits. Place on ungreased cookie sheet; bake 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack
Whip cream with confectioners' sugar until stiff.
6. Prepare the cakes by cutting biscuit sideways, Spread with butter and fill with 1/4 cup peaches over bottom, then a spoonful of whipped cream. Replace top; spoon on 1/4 cup peaches, and top with a generous tablespoon whipped cream.
7. Serve chilled immediately