- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peach Sundae Recipe
|Ripe peaches||2 Large|
|Maraschino/Peach brandy||1 Tablespoon|
|Apricot jam||1 Tablespoon|
|Peach ice cream/Vanilla ice cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.5%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.2 mg
Sodium 26.8 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 58.7 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 19.3%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel the peaches, halve them and pit one of the peaches.
2) Roughly chop the peach flesh
3) Into a bowl, place the flesh with the Maraschino or peach brandy and sugar.
4) Let it macerate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5) Peel the remaining peach, halve and pit it.
6) In a saucepan, melt the apricot jam with 1 tbsp of macerating liquid.
7) Among two differnt serving dishes, divide chopped fruit and juices and top each with cubes of ice cream and a peach half.
8) Spoon the warmed jam over and serve the peach sundae immediately.