- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lattice Crust Fresh Peach Pie Recipe Video
|For the filling|
|Peaches||14 , peeled and sliced|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the top|
|Eggs||1 Medium, beaten|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 316 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.3 mg7.8%
Sodium 171.7 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.7%
Sugars 43.7 g
Protein 4 g8.3%
Vitamin A 19.9% Vitamin C 32.7%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. For the filling: In a bowl, add and combine the peaches with cornstarch, salt and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
3. On a floured board, roll out the pastry dough of 1/8 inch thickness. One for the bottom of the pie and one for the lattice topping.
4. Take a 9 inch pie dish and line it with the bottom pastry dough, gently press it into the dish and add the peach filling evenly over the pastry.
5. Take the other rolled out pastry dough and cut into 1/2 inch wide strips.
6. Arrange the strips in a lattice fashion over the peach pie and press the edges. Brush the top with beaten egg and sprinkle some sugar.
7. Bake this pie in the preheated oven at 425 for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, lower the temperature to 350 degrees and bake it for 40 minutes or until the crust is browned.
8. Serve this peach pie sliced in desired pieces with vanilla ice cream.