- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peach Floats Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
|Peach slices||16 Ounce (Drained)|
|Whipping cream||5 Tablespoon|
|Apricot jam||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 183 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.7%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.6 mg
Sodium 36.9 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 8.1 g
Protein 2 g4.7%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 105%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2) In a large bowl sift the flour and salt, cut in the butter until the mixture appears to be crumbly.
3) Stir well and add the sugar .
4) Combine the egg yolk with 2 tablespoons water and stir into the flour mixture, blend well into a slightly firm dough.
5) Knead and smoothen the dough on a lightly floured surface, thinly roll out the dough and line 8 boat-shaped 4 1/2x2 inches molds with fluted sloping sides.
6) Prick each shell at the base, place on a baking sheet and put in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
7) Remove and bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
8) Cool for about 5 minutes and turn over a wire rack to cool further.
9) Nicely whip the cream, spoon into a pastry bag with a star nozzle and put in the refrigerator.
10) In a small saucepan strain the apricot jam, stir and melt over a low heat and brush with half the jam on the inner surface of the shell cases.
11) Place equal number of peach slices into the shells, brush with the left over jam, reserving 8 small peach slices for garnish.
12) Pipe the cream over each float and top with a peach slice.
13) Arrange in a nice plate and serve.