- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peach Cream Pie Recipe
|Vanilla pudding||5 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|9 inch baked pie shell||1|
|Slivered almonds||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 428 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.8 mg
Sodium 563.2 mg23.5%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 47.1 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 18.7% Vitamin C 24.9%
Calcium 24.6% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2. In a saucepan add pudding mix, milk and egg yolk and cook them by adhering to the cooking instructions strutted on the package.
3. Fold in margarine and almond extract. When cooked remove the mixture from heat and cool it off for 5 minutes. While cooling ensure that mixture is stirred at regular intervals.
4. Spread the mixture over pie shell.
5. Top the pie with sliced halves of 2 peaches and similarly arrange 6 peach halves on top of every filling.
6. In a bowl beat egg whites until they turn stiff.
7. Slowly fold in sugar until mixture turns glossy and smooth.
8. Introduce spoonful of egg white mixture into centers of peach halves.
9. Induce almond slivers into the egg whites.
10. In an oven bake the mixture at 425° F for over 5 minutes until it is delicately browned.
11. Serve after teaming it with a cup of coffee.