- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peach Compote Recipe
|Ripe peaches||6 Large (Fresh)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Rum/Peach brandy||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 219 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.7 g1.1%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 14.2 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 36.7 g
Protein 2 g4.9%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C 36.4%
Calcium 2% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Blanch and peel the peaches, then halve and pit them.
2) Combine the corn syrup, orange juice, and almond extract, then bring to a boil.
3) Poach the peaches in batches in this gently simmering liquid until the peaches are just tender.
4) Then drain the peaches and place them in a bowl.
5) Boil the syrup to thicken, stir in the honey, then pour over the peaches and refrigerate.
6) Add the rum or peach brandy and serve immediately.