- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peach Cobbler Pot Pie by Rosalie Fiorino Harpole Recipe Video
|Peaches||8 Cup (128 tbs), chop|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|For the cobbler crust|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Crisco||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Crisco shortening butter flavor)|
|Whole milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For the cinnamon sugar|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 686 Calories from Fat 320
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g78.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.2 mg
Sodium 236.1 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 59.5 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 17.9% Vitamin C 11.4%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedOven
6 Pie tin
1. Cut the peaches into small pieces and place it in a large bowl.
2. Add the sugar, flour, tapioca, ground cinnamon, almond extract and vanilla extract and mix everything well.
3. Spray the cooking spray into the pie tin.
4. Preheat the oven at 450 degree, before you begin to roll out the dough.
5. Transfer the peaches to a pot and cook it for 2- 3 minutes so that the peaches soften and becomes like syrup.
6. After 3 minutes add the butter and mix, turn the heat off.
7. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and Crisco, mix the Crisco with your fingers for 3 minutes.
8. Add the milk and keep mixing it, knead and combine well.
9. In a bowl combine with sugar and cinnamon powder and keep it aside.
10. Once done roll the dough to the size of the pie tin or 9 inch in diameter, and brush it with melted butter.
11. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon sugar and place the rolled out dough inside the
12. Pie tin, press the bottom and them fill it with 1 cup of the peaches mixture.
13. Once done pull up the dough and pinch up the open edges, sprinkle some more cinnamon sugar on top.
14. Bake the peach cobbler pie in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
15. Once done remove and let it cool.
16. Serve the peach cobbler pie after a hearty meal.
Squeeze lemon juice so that the peaches do not turn black.