- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peach Cobbler Recipe
|Sifted all-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canned sliced peaches||29 Ounce (3 1/2 Cups, 1 Can, 1 Pound 13 Ounce)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), sweetened to taste and flavored with ground nutmeg|
Calories 827 Calories from Fat 416
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.7%
Saturated Fat 19.5 g97.7%
Trans Fat 3.4 g
Cholesterol 73.5 mg
Sodium 489.7 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g31.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 42.3 g
Protein 10 g20.2%
Vitamin A 28.2% Vitamin C 11.7%
Calcium 29.6% Iron 22.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, 1 tablespoon sugar and salt.
3) Gently cut in the shortening with a pastry blender until fine, then prepare a soft dough with milk.
4) In a casserole, add the peaches, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and butter, mix well.
5) Pat and fit the dough on the top. Then bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
6) Lower the heat to 350°F and bake for further 25 minutes or until the crust is golden-brown.
7) Slice and serve warm with the cream flavoured with nutmeg.