- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peach Chutney Recipe
|Firm ripe peaches||5 Pound|
|Seeded raisins||1⁄2 Pound|
|Dates||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lime||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (optional)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Candied ginger||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (optional)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5503 Calories from Fat 424
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71.1%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 297.4 mg12.4%
Total Carbohydrates 1311 g436.9%
Dietary Fiber 70.1 g280.3%
Sugars 1161.5 g
Protein 50 g99.2%
Vitamin A 149.3% Vitamin C 363.2%
Calcium 53% Iron 73.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pare and slice the peaches into small pieces.
2) Cut the lemon into quarter, remove seeds and slice very thinly.
3) In a large canning kettle, combine the a peaches, raisins, dates, lemon, vinegar and lime juice together.
4) Stir and cook over a low heat, until the peaches are soft and pulpy.
5) Stir in the sugar and cook until the mixture is thickened.
6) Then stir in the candied ginger and chopped nuts.
7) Ladle the 7 half pints chutney into hot sterilized jars and seal immediately.
8) Use the Peach Chutney as required.
Stir in 1 teaspoon powdered ginger along with the candied ginger for a wonderful flavor.