- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peach Buttermilk Sherbet Recipe
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Peaches||1 1⁄4 Pound, crushed|
Calories 294 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.6%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 72.7 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 62.1 g
Protein 5 g11%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 15.6%
Calcium 1% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine the buttermilk, sugar, vanilla extract, salt and crushed peaches, mix well.
2) Pour the mixture into a freezing tray and freeze until firm.
3) Remove in a mixing bowl, beat in the egg white with a rotary or electric beater until the mixture is fluffy.
4) Again pour into the freezing tray and freeze until firm.
5) Spoon into nice sherbet glasses and serve immediately.