- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peach Blueberry Muffins Vegan Style Recipe Video
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon (optional) (Optional)|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Blueberry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh peaches||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (peeled if not organic)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for egg substitute)|
|Flax seeds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (for egg substitute)|
|Canola oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy milk/Almond milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), soured|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (preferably organic)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||2 Teaspoon (optional) (Optional)|
Calories 454 Calories from Fat 174
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.2%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 344.9 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.7%
Sugars 21 g
Protein 10 g19.6%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 27.2% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
To make egg substitute or flax eggs:
1. To make flax eggs grind 1/3 cup flax seeds in a blender until powdery.
2. Slowly add 1 cup of water while blending and blend to combine.
3. Three tablespoons of this gooey mixture equals one egg. Flax eggs can be stored in the refrigerator for several days or frozen.
To make the muffin:
4. Preheat oven to 350°.
5. Lightly oil muffin tins, or line with silicone or paper cups. There are some good unbleached muffin papers on the market.
6. In a large bowl stir together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
7. In another bowl stir together soured milk, oil, egg substitute and almond extract.
8. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and stir just to combine taking care to not over-mix.
9. Stir in fruit and nuts and stir again, just to combine.
10. Spoon mixture into muffin tins.
11. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar or a few oat flakes.
12. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until firm to the touch and lightly browned.
13. Cool in tins on wire rack for 5 minutes then turn out and let cool completely.
14. Serve with desired icing and along with desired beverages.