- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pea Cottage Cheese Soup Recipe
|Potato||1 Medium, chopped for 1 cup|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped for 1 cup|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped for 1/2 cup|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried, crushed|
|Cream style cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned peas||8 Ounce, drained|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 242 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.7%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 24.2 mg
Sodium 651.5 mg27.1%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.6%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 18 g35.2%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 21.8%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a blender combine together cottage cheese, peas, and milk; cover and blend to a smooth mixture.
2. In a saucepan mix together potato, celery, onion, chicken broth, basil, salt, and pepper and bring it to boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
4. Stir the blended peas-milk mixture with the vegetables and heat through.
5. Arrange the soup into individual soup bowl and serve hot with garlic bread or grilled cheese bread.