- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pazham Pori Recipe
|Plantain||1 Large, sweet and ripe|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (enough to make thick batter)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1230 Calories from Fat 980
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g170.6%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 17 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 21.1 g
Protein 5 g9.1%
Vitamin A 27.6% Vitamin C 28.9%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel the plantain and slice it lengthwise in about ¼ inch thickness. If using a smaller pan to fry, you may even half the banana and then slice it lengthwise.
2. In a thick bottom pan, heat up oil in medium heat.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, turmeric powder, sugar, chili powder and salt with water, just enough to make a thick batter.
4. Dip the sliced plantain pieces in the batter to coat well.
5. Once the oil is hot enough, deep fry the batter coated plantains, flipping sides, until they turn golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from oil and drain excess oil by spreading pazham pori in kitchen towels.
6. Serve hot as a snack during tea time.