- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Fruit Pavlova Recipe Video
|Egg whites||4 Large|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn starch||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy whipping cream||1 Pint|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh fruits||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced (of your choice kiwi, strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries)|
Calories 463 Calories from Fat 260
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.6%
Saturated Fat 18.4 g92.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.6 mg
Sodium 62.7 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.56 g2.2%
Sugars 42.3 g
Protein 4 g8.1%
Vitamin A 26.3% Vitamin C 17.3%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 0.28%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. You need to preheat your oven to 250F.
2. In a bowl put together the egg whites with sugar and using an electric beater, beat until the mixture reaches soft peak consistency.
3. Put in the vanilla extract and mix to combine.
4. Add the cornstarch and white vinegar. and using spatula fold the mixture lightly.
5. On a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, pour the meringue mixtures in the middle.
6. With a spatula shape it in a large circle and make it a bit shallow in the centre.
7. Bake the meringue in the oven and let cook for 1 hour.
8. After one hour turn off the oven and leave the oven door partly open and let the meringue cool gradually for about an hour or 2.
9. In a bowl put together the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
10. Whip the cream with an electric beater, until it holds the shape but not stiff.
11. Spread the whipped cream in the center of cooled meringue and top with desired fruits.
12. Slice and serve.
The cornstarch and vinegar just ensures that nice crust on the outside of meringue.