- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Egg whites||4 Large (At Room Temperature)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Superfine sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Creme fraiche||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sliced strawberries/Kiwis / other berries||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 401 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.5%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.8 mg
Sodium 48.5 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 43.3 g
Protein 5 g9.6%
Vitamin A 11.8% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 0.22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 225°F.
2) Line a baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper, alternately butter and lightly flour 6 small tart pans.
3) In a bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and beat on a medium speed until soft peaks are formed.
4) Gradually add the superfine sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beat for 10 seconds in between.
5) Beat in the lemon juice, then sift over the confectioners' sugarand gently fold in with a rubber spatula.
6) In the tart pans or baking sheet, spoon the meringue in 6 equal mounds and make a depression in the center of each. If using pans, place the filled pans on a baking sheet.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, then lower the heat to 200°F and bake for another 45 minutes. Turn off the oven. When the oven is cool, remove the meringues and allow them to cool down at room temperature.
8) Peel the meringues off the paper. or remove the outer pan ring and separate them.
9) In a bowl, beat the heavy cream, creme fraiche, sugar and vanilla together until soft peaks form.
10) Place the meringues on dessert plates and top each with the cream. Cover each with 1/2 cup fruit and dollop of cream.
11) Spoon rest of the fruit evenly on top and serve immediately.