- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Paupiettes of Pork Recipe
|Pork escalopes||12 Ounce (2 Escalopes, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Lean streaky bacon||2 Ounce, rinded and diced|
|Onion||4 Ounce, skinned and chopped|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||2 Ounce|
|Pork sausage meat||4 Ounce|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||3 Tablespoon|
|Paprika pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint|
Calories 293 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.6%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.4 mg
Sodium 387.1 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.99 g4%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 20 g40.5%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Place the pork between greaseproof sheets and beat, until thin.
3) Take a pan and melt about 1 oz butter in it. Stir in 1oz onions and bacon, and saute until tender.
4) Allow the mixture to cool.
5) In a large mixing bowl, combine the bacon mixture with sausage meat, 1/4 teaspoon thyme, and breadcrumbs.
6) Add salt and pepper as per taste. Arrange this mixture over the thinned pork escalopes.
7) Next, carefully roll up the filled pork escalopes and tie with a string. Roll them in flour.
8) Take a small pan and heat oil in it. After the oil begins to color, mix 1 oz butter in it.
9) Put the meat in hot oil and fry until golden brown. Turn the meat occasionally to evenly brown on all sides.
10) Place the fried pork escalopes in a casserole and reheat the pan juices. Saute remaining onion until tender.
11) Add wine, cream, stock, paprika, pinch of thyme and any excess flour and being the mixture to a boil.
12) Spread this mixture over the meat in the casserole and cover.
13) Place the casserole in preheated oven and cook for about 1 1/4 hour.
14) Use an absorbent paper and remove extra fat from the surface.
15) Serve warm.