- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pate Maison Recipe
|Bacon slices||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chicken breast||1 Medium|
|Cooked ham||1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground pork||1 Pound|
|Ground veal||1 Pound|
|Green peppercorns||4 Teaspoon|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3104 Calories from Fat 1794
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 201 g309.2%
Saturated Fat 80.7 g403.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1313.3 mg
Sodium 6196 mg258.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.5%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 267 g534.4%
Vitamin A 28.4% Vitamin C 32.5%
Calcium 29.1% Iron 85.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, in hot butter, cook onion and garlic until tender. Meanwhile, remove skin and bones from chicken breast; cut meat into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Cut ham into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
3. In large bowl, with wooden spoon beat onion mixture, ground pork, and remaining ingredients (except chicken and ham strips) until well mixed and light.
4. Spread one-third of ground-meat mixture in bottom of bacon-lined pan; top with ham strips, another one-third of meat mixture, chicken strips, then remaining meat mixture. Press down firmly to pack mixture into pan. Fold overhanging pieces of bacon over top of mixture.
5. Cover pan with foil and bake in 350°F. oven l 1/2 hours or until pate shrinks from sides of pan and juices run clear.
6. Cool pate slightly on wire rack until easy to handle. Drain off excess fat. Cover pate in pan with foil-wrapped cardboard; place cans on top to weight down pate; refrigerate overnight.
7. To serve, remove cans and foil from pate. Unmold pate onto cutting board or plate. Scrape off any coagulated juices and excess fat. Cut pate into slices.